House windows - Acoustic comfort
Acoustically insulating glazing can help keep noise outside so you can enjoy your living space in peace and quiet.
Noise pollution is a serious issue, particularly when living in an area with high levels of air traffic or busy roads. Too much noise can be damaging to health (increased stress, disrupted sleep). It can hinder academic learning and concentration.
How does it work
Noise levels are measured in decibels (dB). A comfortable sound level is around 35dB in daytime and 30dB at night.
Acoustically insulating glass cuts out excess sound and the harmful effects of noise and is particularly effective in buildings near to high streets, urban traffic, motorways, train stations and airports.
The acoustic glass comprises a special interlayer which acts as a dampening core to prevent sound frequencies from vibrating from one pane of glass to the other. This absorbs and weakens sound energy, helping to act as a barrier to noise.
Your home should be a place where you can shut out the world and escape the pressures of your working day. By fitting acoustic windows you can keep noise at bay and enjoy your surroundings in peace and quiet.
- Acoustic glazing forms an effective barrier to external noise allowing you to sleep restfully in a tranquil environment.
- You can enjoy your home at a sensible noise level so you can relax and unwind without additional stress.
- Your family can study and concentrate without the distraction of excessive noise.
- Reduce impact noise, particularly on glass roofs when it is raining.
- This plastic interlayer also has the additional safety and security properties of laminated glass (see “safety and security for house windows” section).
Thanks to the acoustic simulator Glass dBstation, you can easily determine the best performing glazing for your windows according to the noise pollution of your exterior environment.
Acoustic glass can be combined with many other products for multi-functional glazing, such as winter comfort, summer comfort, low-maintenance and decorative glass