House windows - Winter comfort
Our own research has shown that many homeowners are unaware of the performance differences between different types of window glass, instead assuming that all double glazing is equally energy efficient. In reality, there are significant differences in performance according to the type of glass used.
Try the Glass Compass mobile app to get the best high-performance glass according to the location and design of your home. Glass Compass will also measure your overall cost savings.
How does it work
PLANITHERM is a new generation of energy saving window glass – so called low-E glass - that uses an advanced metallic coating that reflects heat from radiators or fires back into the room, rather than allowing it to escape through the windows. At the same time it allows free heat and light energy from the sun to pass through the glass, warming your home and further contributing to the energy efficiency of your windows. That means lower energy bills compared to standard windows.
Using thermally insulating glazing units including a low-E glass is the best way to improve the energy efficiency of your windows and make your home environment more comfortable in cold periods.
- Improved winter comfort - reduced heat loss saves you money on your heating bills.
- Promotes passive solar heat gain - free heat from the sun passes easily through the glass helping to warm the home.
- Improved energy efficiency - reduced need for heating helps to save energy and protect the environment.
- More comfortable rooms - improved winter comfort means fewer cold spots and drafts near windows and doors.
- Less condensation - the inner surface of the glass stays warmer, reducing internal condensation and extending the life of your windows.
Thermally insulating glass including a low-E glass can be combined with many other products for multi-functional glazing, such as low-maintenance, summer comfort, noise reduction, decorative glass (to provide privacy) and enhanced safety and security.